22ND WORLD CONGRESS
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION FOR THE SURGERY OF OBESITY AND METABOLIC DISORDERS
Join us at the QEII Centre, London
29 August – 2 September 2017
The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) is a federation composed of 58 official national associations of bariatric surgeons and individual members.
The main goal of IFSO is the optimisation of the treatment of severely obese patients bringing together surgeons and allied health professionals. IFSO is committed to the creation of a global system for accreditation of bariatric centres and individual surgeons.
IFSO’s main activity is the organization of the yearly World Congress, which provides a forum to exchange knowledge on surgical treatment of severely obese patients, to present new techniques, research and concepts, and to meet the experts in the field.
Reasons To Attend IFSO 2017
- Pre-congress courses including the 6th International Conference on Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Video and operating sessions discussing technical aspects and management of complications
- Sessions about established operative, endoscopic as well as novel procedures for weight loss and type 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary symposia with physicians, psychologists, anaesthetists, plastic surgeons, dieticians and primary care doctors
- Symposia about special patient groups including adolescents and young adults, pregnant women who have had surgery and older patients
- Innovative sessions including the use of technology in obesity and bariatric surgery, medicolegal issues and the impact of bariatric tourism
- ‘The Dragon’s Den in the Shark Tank at IFSO’ – participants will be able to pitch their ideas for randomized controlled trials to a panel of experts
- Networking lunches for Integrated Health Professionals, Young IFSO members and Women in Bariatric Surgery
- ‘Meet the Expert’ lunchtime sessions
- European, Latin American, Asia Pacific, North American and Pan-Arab Symposia
- Patient engagement session
PHONE +44 (0) 20 7808 5172